Easy Guide to install DVD Burner on your PC
A DVD burner is an optical drive that can read as well as write DVD disks. Usually, a computer can be easily connected to an external DVD burner using USB. However, if you want to enjoy an improved input-output data transfer speed between your computer and the DVD drive, install a DVD burner internally. An internal drive is considered to be the fastest and the most reliable way of burning a DVD.
To get started with this fastest form of DVD burning, follow these steps to install a DVD burner on your computer:
- Detach the case of your computer by removing the screws given at the back or try to unlock the case using a button located at the back or side of the computer.
- Choose the IDE (Integrated Drive Electronic) configuration at the back panel of your DVD burner. Set the configuration to ‘Master’, ‘Slave’ or ‘Cable Select’. To make the selection, follow these steps:
- Master – You can select this option if you want to use the DVD burner as the primary optical drive. If you are installing only the burner, then it should be set to ‘Master’ by default.
- Slave – You can set your IDE configuration to ‘Slave’ if you are connecting another device using the same IDE cable as the DVD burner.
- Cable select- If your IDE cable has the slave connector closest to the motherboard including the extension to connect the master drive, then you can use the Cable Select configuration.
- After selecting the IDE configuration, slide the DVD burner into the open bay. Once the burner is placed properly, the CD tray should be able eject outwards from your computer’s case.
- Now, attach the IDE cable by matching the Pin 1 indicators which are marked with a black or red stripe given at the back of your DVD burner.
- In the next step, connect the power cord to the given socket at the back of the DVD burner.
- As the ‘power cords’ are connected successfully, put the case cover back into its place and secure it with screws.
- Now, restart your computer and look out for the newly installed DVD burner on your computer.
- To test your DVD burner, follow the program instructions to burn a new DVD using a rewritable DVD media.
With this successful installation, you are now set to burn unlimited DVDs on your computer. Also, make sure to use the software that came with your DVD burner when you want to burn a DVD to avoid software compatibility issues. If you come across any issue while using the software, don’t fret, just contact iYogi technicians for quick resolution. Our technicians can help you diagnose and repair errors, setup and configure software, resolve software conflict issues and so on, in no time.