How to change the speed of a video in Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker has become the most approachable video editing tool for Windows 7 users. This editing tool is available for free to the users with a valid Windows 7 license, and includes almost every basic tool required to edit a video.
When you edit a video, you may want to add some effects to it making it more entertaining. The effects that you can add to your video are – transition effects, sound effects, video effects and color effects. Giving any effect to a video is a way to enhance its level of impact on people watching the video. You can do so by adding any one of the effects to it. Every effect has its own impact.
Read on the below given steps that will help you to change the video speed in Windows Movie Maker:
- Go to the Start button, Type Windows Movie Maker in the search box
- Click on the Windows Movie Maker program to Open
- Click on the button at the center of the Windows displaying 'Click here to browse for videos and photos'
- On your Video Library page, Double-Click on the video that you want to change the speed
- Click on the video to Select it, and then Click on the Edit Tab under Video Tools at the top of the window
- Click the drop-down menu present at the right of the Speed option,
- Next, depending upon your requirement, you can change the speed of a video
Speeding up your video will certainly decrease the length of your video, while slowing down the speed of your video will increase its length. You can check the new length of your video under the preview window given at the left side of the window.
If you want to speed up the video of a specific part, then you can split your video file
into smaller segments and can then edit its speed as per your requirement.