How to fix the issue when you cannot watch videos online?
Are you not able to watch a movie or video online on your PC? Chances are either the installed software is not up-to-date or it is not installed at all. The problem can also occur if you have recently reinstalled your PC with Windows OS (operating system) but haven’t installed the required drivers and plug-ins.
Here are a few tips to help you resolve the issue and get you back to your movie watching sessions…
Ensure, you’ve installed Flash Player
- Check and make sure that you’ve installed Adobe Flash Player on your PC. Flash Player is a free browser plug-in that helps in viewing videos and multimedia rich internet applications on your PC.
Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from the Internet. Visit the official website of the manufacturer and you will get a link to download the program. There are third-party websites also available; however, the authenticity of the sites cannot be guaranteed. .
- Flash Player downloads and installs itself automatically; if it doesn’t initiate the process on its own, follow the onscreen prompts to install it on your PC.
- Once installed, enable the Flash Player for the browser you’re using for viewing videos.
- Verify if the Flash Player is correctly installed on your PC.
- Refresh the browser and see if the browser is able to play videos.
Select Adobe Flash Player as your default player
- If there is some other player on your computer and you have not marked Adobe Flash Player as your default player, there is a possibility that you will be unable to play videos files.
- Select Flash Player as your default player and enjoy playing video files without hassles.
Relax browser’s security
- Your browser should be able to view ActiveX controls. Usually, browsers with high security settings don’t allow viewing of the content.
- Set Download Signed ActiveX Controls and Run ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins to ‘Prompt’ mode.
- Some Internet utilities and firewall can restrict the viewing of ActiveX controls and block the Flash content. To ensure that they are not prohibiting you from watching videos, change the settings of firewall and utility settings to allow Flash Player content.
Update Video drivers
- Sometimes, the installed video driver may not support video content anymore and stop playing the files. This can happen if the drivers are not updated.
- Also, after installing an operating system on your PC, you need to install audio and video drivers for your system; else the files will not play. Install the relevant drivers from the official websites.
- Restart the computer after installing or updating the drivers.
Install Media Player
- Installing your system with a media player is also essential to run any multimedia file on your PC. VLC, Windows Media Player, Real Player are a few media players that serve this purpose. They are available for free and easily downloadable.
- If you don’t want to download many media players and still want to play the file, you can download Codecs for that particular media player.
- When you install the downloaded codec, don’t perform a custom installation until you are sure about the settings. This can solve your purpose well.
With these tips, you can fix the issues and watch movies and videos easily. However, if you’re still facing issues or have got stuck between the steps, iYogi technicians can come to your rescue. iYogi tech experts can help you diagnose the problem and repair the issue in no time. Call us anytime for instant tech support.