Manage Circles in Google Plus: Steps to delete circles
Google Plus allows you to add people, known to you, in particular groups called Circles. This is a great channel to manage people who you know and want to share stuff with, by arranging them in Circles. In this way you can conveniently share your streams, photos, videos, etc. that is typically relevant to the people in a particular circle. By creating different circles of your contacts you can reduce the redundancy of your shared information and provide engaging data to keep your contacts in the circles entertained with.
However, if you find that there isn't a need of a particular circle anymore in your Google Plus profile, you can choose to delete it rather than have it clutter your profile page.
Here are the simple steps that you can use to delete the circles in Google Plus
- Go to your Google Plus profile by signing in to your account
- In the profile page, navigate to the left panel and to the Find People option
- Go to the Circles option placed on the top; this will open up the list of circles that you have on your profile
- Select the particular circle you no longer want to connect with
- Select the ‘Delete’ option and confirm when prompted
- This change will instantly apply allowing you to replace it with a new circle or continue as is
By following these simple steps, you can easily remove a Circle from your account and carry on networking on this platform as usual. A deleted Google Plus circle means that
- You have stopped people in this circle from connecting to you
- All shared streams, photos, and videos with this circle will cease to visible to the people in it
- You can’t restore a deleted circle in Google Plus
Therefore, create Google Plus circles with care and take caution all the more if you wish to delete one permanently…
Besides deleting a circle, you can also edit it or rename it to suffice your purpose. For more information on managing your Google Plus account, watch this video...