How to Block Access of Game Apps to Google Plus Account?
Ever since Google Plus social network has launched its games sections, users are reportedly getting addicted to it. In order to play games, users need to select the Games icon on their Google Plus Profile and then, select the game they want to play. Once you choose a game, it will ask users for granting permissions to access users’ Google Plus profile and other information related to users' account. Now, here comes a caution: you must need to review this section carefully before you grant access to any third-party applications, whether games or any utility app. It is also important to be aware of what kind of information these third-party game apps get access to and these include
- Google Plus account name, users public profile URL, and their photos
- Google Plus account holders' gender and date of birth
- Google Plus users' geographical location including country, language, and time zone
- Contacts in a their circles which apps can interact with
- Public profile information of your Google Plus contacts
So, do you think if it is safe enough to grant access to these third-party game apps? And if you have already granted permissions to some apps, will you want to revoke permissions from those apps to preserve your privacy and security over Google Plus? If you are considering to remove access of game apps on Google Plus, then follow these easy steps stated below.
- Click user name of the Google Plus account from the top of the browser window.
- Click 'Account Settings' option.
- Next, a list of all applications and games having access to a Google Plus account will appear on the next window. This list will also include apps you have allowed to access your Google account over other Google applications such as YouTube etc.
- Now, select 'Revoke Access' button to block access of games or third-party game apps.
- A notification message will appear to notify that you have successfully revoked access of third-party game apps.
Now that you have successfully blocked or revoked permission of third-party game apps to your Google Plus account, those application will no longer be able to access your profile and you need to grant permission to those games when you want to play those.