How to download Personal Profile Information from Facebook
From most mundane photos to bizarre videos to wacky posts, your Facebook profile exhibits to be a noteworthy medium to record and share your everyday moments in life. But have you ever wondered what if someday your Facebook account goes for a toss and you are not able to access your Facebook profile ever again in your life? The inability to login to your Facebook account will not only forbid you from accessing it, this will also put an end to your timeline info that you have created over the years, including your wall posts, shared images, and captured moments of life. But, not anymore!
With a new 'Download Your Information' feature in place, Facebook now empowers its users to archive much of their timeline information for future use. This simply means that now we can save or backup a copy of all our Facebook profile information into our computer and retrieve them as and when required. Well, this leaves us with loads of questions. What does my archive actually include? Can I pick and choose my Facebook profile information that I want to download? And how can I download my Facebook profile information?
Let’s see what and what not to expect from this new Facebook feature:
What data will I get when I download my Facebook profile information?
When you download your Facebook profile information, it will include
- Your timeline information, including your contacts, interests, and groups
- Entire content that you might have posted to your timeline
- All the photos and videos that your Facebook profile contains
- Your notes and friend list
- Your sent and received messages
- All the comments that you or your friends might have made on your timeline posts, photos, and videos
Can I pick and choose the information that I want to download?
Well, as of now, there's no way to pick and choose the information that you would like to download. You have to download your Facebook profile in its entirety.
How to download my Facebook profile information
Just follow the simple steps given below and you can easily download your Facebook profile information for future use
- Go to your Facebook Account tab and select "Account Settings."
- In the Account Settings page, select the "'Download a copy' of your Facebook data" option and click on the 'Learn more' tab.
- You will be directed to "'Download a copy' of your Facebook data" page. Click the ‘'Start My Archive' button.
- A popup window will appear on the screen asking you to re-confirm your action. For the process to start, click the 'Start My Archive' button appearing in the popup window.
- Next, another popup window will appear on your screen with a message "you will receive an email when your archive is ready for download."
- You will receive a Pending message until your archive is ready with all the data from your Facebook Profile.
- Once your archive is ready, you will receive an intimation e-mail from Facebook.
- Here you will also find a link to download. Once you click on the link, you will be asked to verify your password.
- Once the verification process is over, you will get a “Download Now” button along with your file capacity.
- Your Facebook profile information will be downloaded in a zip file that you can save on your computer.
Thus, with this new download tool, Facebook has made it a lot easier for us to preserve and cherish our memories for years to come.