Remove Facebook Search History to preserve Privacy?
Do you often search for Facebook profiles of your old-flames, people from your school, college, you had a crush on? Even if you are not stalking them or mean no harm, you should be aware of Facebook Search history. Facebook Search history may reveal a lot about you, people you are searching of on Facebook, whom you are sending messages – because Facebook retains traces of your search history. Isn’t it embarrassing if you are sharing your computer with your spouse or other family or if you are frequently using your office PC? Wait, there is a way-out to save you from embarrassment. And it is simple: delete your Facebook Search history.
How to delete Facebook Search history?
Do you more often forget or don’t prefer to logout from your Facebook profile? If you often leave your computer (office computer, even worse) without signing out from your Facebook account, then all your search queries you searched with will enable others to see what and whom you are searching for. Facebook often uses your search history to deliver relevant search results on the basis of your earlier search phrases, similar to Google. When you delete Facebook Search history, you cannot anticipate ads and promotional updates on the basis of your search history. If you are ready to miss these Facebook recommendations, then follow these steps to remove Facebook Search history
- Access Facebook Home page
- Find your profile link at the top left part
- Find ‘activity log’ at the right side of the page – click it.
- The ‘activity log’ keeps track of the list of all Facebook activity, your posts and your search history
- Click the ‘More’ option from the left-side menu.
- Below all the options including ‘Photos’, ‘Likes’ and ‘Comments’, find expanded list until you see ‘Search’.
- There you can view Facebook search history.
- Simply click ‘Clear Searches’.
- Press ‘Okay’.
Now, you are done. Follow these steps and make sure, you clean Facebook Search history periodically.