Add a Life Event to your Facebook Timeline in 10 steps
Are you impressed with the new Facebook Timeline and were wondering how you could yourself add a life event to it? Well, look no further. Here is a step-by-step description of how you could do it. We completely understand that as a social media buff you would only be too happy to add new information to your timeline so that your friends and contacts could know about it. With the detailed genres already identified in the timeline (under different categories/ heads), you could add an event in just a few minutes.
Here is what you need doing
- Access your Facebook account and go to the Timeline
- Scroll up to the ‘Status Update’ box and locate the ‘Life Event’ heading to its right
- Check the different headings identified there – Work & Education, Family & Relationship, Health & Wellness, etc. to filter out the particular category you need to update in
- Once you will click on a desired category, it will throw up a series of options to you
- Pick the one you were looking for and load it with your details
- The more details you will add, the merrier it will be for your friends who will read it
- If you want to add a short description along with the event, you could do that too
- In addition, you could support the event with pictures and captions for a better understanding of the event
- If you want to restrict the viewing of this event among particular friends, do it now
- In the same manner, you can add details to the other categories/ headings too
The adding of a Life Event exercise isn’t just for your friends and acquaintances. Of course they can read about it and be happy or recollect the particular event if they too were a part of it; it is also for you to revisit it and be nostalgic about it till many moons later … Facebook is transforming itself into more of a ‘sweet log’ where you can store the various phases of your life through text, photos, videos, etc., forever; the new timeline is just a reiteration of that. Add a new event yourself today and do not forget to tell us about the ‘likes’ that you will receive.