How to fix the disappeared avast icon from system tray?
Follow the instructions to fix the disappeared avast icon from system tray:
- For Windows XP:
- Right-click on ‘Taskbar.’
- Choose ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Taskbar and Start Menu Properties’.
- Click the ‘Taskbar’ tab
- Uncheck ‘Hide inactive icons’ check box.
- Other than Windows XP
- Go to ‘C:’ > ‘Program Files’ > ‘Alwil Software’ > ‘Avast 4.7’.
- Run ‘ashDisp.exe’.
- Check the icons.
- Restart your computer.
- If icons disappear after restart, make a shortcut to the ‘ashDisp.exe’ file in your startup folder.
Check your Startup folder and the starter registry entries to verify whether the above programs are really started at system start.