How to Use Switch List in Windows 8?
Windows 8 has given away the traditional way of switching between currently running apps, and has introduced a new feature to replace the same – Switch List bar. Switch List Bar is a newly introduced feature in Windows 8 that allows you to toggle between opened apps.
If you are using the conventional laptop or desktop, you can use the Switch List in one of the two ways:
Steps for Option 1:
- Hit the WIN Key and keep holding it along with the TAB key (WIN+TAB).
- Now, keep tapping the TAB key to toggle between the currently running apps.
- As you arrive to the specific app that you want to view, release the WIN Key.
Steps for Option 2:
- To open the Switch Bar List, press CTRL+WIN+TAB keys together.
- Now, release the CTRL and the WIN Keys and tap the TAB key to switch between the opened apps.
- Choose the app that you want to open and then hit the Enter key to switch to that specific app.
Windows 8 features are designed to suit even the touch enabled devices. Here’s how to use Switch Bar List on Windows 8 touch screen interface:
- Swipe your finger from the left edge of the screen to the center.
- Switch Bar list opens up.
- Now, tap on the app that you want to open on your Windows 8.
This is how the Switch List Bar in Windows 8 can be activated. Hope these steps will let you toggle between opened apps conveniently.