Schedule Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 Operating System
Disk Defragmenter component in Windows 7-basd PCs defrag, rearrange fragmented data on a hard disk and optimize various drives on a hard disk. Microsoft has redesigned the interface and functionalities of Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7. It has improved disk defragmentation process that it provides better control to users over the process and allows users to schedule run times.
Disk Defragmenter runs in an automated interval when you turn on the computer. Hence, you do not have to remember it running at a stipulated time. By default, Disk Defragmenter is scheduled to run once a week, but you can change the schedule and a preferred time of the day.
To change the scheduler of Disk Defragmenter, follow these steps below
- Go to ‘Start’ button and click ‘Search’.
- Now, type in ‘Disk Defragmenter’. Select ‘Disk Defragmenter’ from the list of results.
- You will be requested to enter the administrator password and to confirm the password.
- Now, select ‘Configure schedule’ and select any of the following.
- Click the option next to ‘Frequency’ and select whether you want to schedule Disk Defragmenter ‘Daily’, ‘Weekly’, or ‘Monthly’.
- You can also choose the specific day of week or month. Set the frequency by selecting menu option next to ‘Day to choose the day of the week or month’.
- Next, change the time of day by clicking the option next to ‘Time’.
- Specify a time.
- You can also automate the volumes or drives to be defragmented. For this, click ‘Select disks’ and follow the steps.
- Click OK.
Thus, you can successfully schedule Disk Defragmenter. If you face any issue or error in performing any step, call iYogi at 1 877 316 9417
to get best tech support to manage Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7.