Find the HomeGroup Password in Windows 7 Operating System
HomeGroup in Windows 7 allow users to share files, folders and devices within a local network. Hence, users of different computers sharing a same network can share data between each other. Microsoft introduces HomeGroup password that user requires to join a network and access the network. When you install Windows 7 on your PC, you will be prompted with a HomeGroup password. But, what if you forgot the HomeGroup password?
If you have forgotten the HomeGroup password, follow these steps below to retrieve the password:
- Select ‘Control Panel’
- Choose ‘Network and Internet’
- Click ‘HomeGroup’
- In the ‘HomeGroup’ window, find ‘View or print the HomeGroup password’ at the bottom of the section. Scribble or take a note of the password so that you can remember in future.
- Do you find the default password is difficult to remember? Reset with an easy to remember password. For this, select ‘Change the password’.
- You will be prompted to change to a new password. Type in the new password under ‘Type your own password or using this one”. Or else you can set a system generated password.
- Now type in the password in another computer in the network to check if the password works.
And you are done. Thus, you can find a HomeGroup password in Windows 7.