How to Join or Create a Workgroup in Windows 7
A Workgroup is a collection of computers, which provide a basis for file and printer sharing. By joining or creating a workgroup in Windows 7, you can automatically turn on the file and printer sharing on your home networks.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to join or create a workgroup in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties
- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change settings (Give an administrator password or confirmation, if Windows prompted, otherwise move to the next step)
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Computer Name tab, and then click Change
- In the Computer Name/Domain Changes dialog box, click Workgroup, and then do one of the following:
- To join a workgroup, type the name of the workgroup that you want to join, and then click OK
- To create a workgroup, type the name of the workgroup that you want to create, and then click OK
- Close the window
Here is the video showing the above steps:
You can easily join or create a workgroup in Windows 7, if you have a home network. By joining or creating a workgroup in Windows 7, you can share resources with more than one computer and automatically turn on file and printers sharing.