How to save Microsoft PowerPoint file as PDF?
What is PDF?
PDF (Portable Document File) which is designed basically for those who do not want their printed or viewed file’s format to be changed. The format that you intended remains the same with PDF.
How to Save Power Point file as PDF?
- Go to the file that you want to save as PDF
- Click the File tab
- Select Save As option
- To see the Save As dialog box in PowerPoint 2013, you will have to choose a location and folder
- Type or select a name for your presentation file in the File name list
- Below the file name list, in the Save as type list, Click PDF (*.pdf)
- If you want your PowerPoint presentation file to open just after saving it, select the Open file after publishing check box – the publishing check box is available only for those who have a PDF reader installed on their computers
- Next, you can optimize the file depending upon the file size or print quality – whichever you prefer to go by:
- If your presentation requires high print quality, you can click on Standard option (publishing online and printing)
- If the print quality is less important than the file size, you can click on Minimize size (publishing online)
Things to consider
- Click on options if you want to set the page to be printed – here you can choose whether markup should be printed, and can also select output options. Click OK when the settings have been done.
- Click Save to save your settings and file format
If you find any error in your PDF file and want to make some changes, you will have to return back to your original file format (Microsoft Office file) and then save it again as PDF.
On the other hand, if you have saved your PowerPoint file as PDF, you cannot convert it back to Microsoft Office file format without the help of any specialized tool or a third party add-in.