Disable the Start screen in Office 2013 application
There is so much to like about Microsoft’s latest productivity suite- Office 2013. However, unlike the previous versions of Microsoft Office, the new suite, when started, display a Start screen instead of opening a blank document. And if you have been an avid user of Microsoft’s Office suite, you may find this feature extraneous and want to go to a blank document directly. However, by following the below mentioned steps, you can disable the Start screen from Office 2013 applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
6 steps solution to disable the Start screen in Office 2013
- Open the application on which you would like to disable the Start screen.
- Now click on the ‘File’ button. ‘Backstage’ view will get open.
- From the list options in the ‘Backstage’ view, click on the ‘Options’ button.
- In the ‘Options’ window, go to the ‘General’ section.
- On the right side of the window, uncheck the ‘Show the Start screen when this application starts’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button to save the settings you made and close the window.
Before start performing the steps to disable the Start screen, it is necessary to notice that the setting for every Office 2013 application is different. This means, changing the setting in Word will not carry over to Excel. To disable the Start screen in all the applications of Office 2013, you will have to configure the settings in every respective application individually.