All you need to know about Rebooting Chromebook!
Have you been looking for the handy steps to reboot your Chromebook?
Well, rebooting Chromebook can help in improving the PC’s performance. It can also help recover the computer from a minor error for which rebooting is required. Here are some quick steps to help you fix common performance issues and other minor bugs on your Chromebook by performing a reboot.
Steps for rebooting Chromebook –
- Long press and hold the ‘Power’ button until the Chromebook shuts down.
- Now, again press the ‘Power’ button to turn it on.
With these steps you can easily reboot your Chromebook. This will allow you to experience the optimal performance of your computer.
However, if the error message ‘Chrome OS is missing or damaged’ appears on the computer screen, then you may require reinstalling the Chrome OS (operating system). Here’re the steps to assist you reinstall the Chrome OS.
Steps to reinstall Chrome OS –
- Insert the recovery media in the USB port or SD card slot of your Chromebook.
- As soon as the integrity of the recovery media gets verified, the reinstallation process will be initiated.
- This reinstallation takes a couple of minutes. Do not interrupt the process, or turn off the PC.
- The OS will be installed automatically and a recovery media message will appear on the screen.
- Now, unplug the recovery media from the USB port or SD card slot.
- This will restart the Chromebook automatically.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the ‘Welcome!’ screen and sign in.
With these simple to use steps your Chromebook will be back to its default factory settings and should therefore get it back to working like a new computer. Enjoy the best performance on your laptop and get the errors fixed so that you take delight in uninterrupted computing…