Cannot hear sound from the ASUS Eee PC speaker? Fix it now!
If you own an ASUS Eee PC notebook, sometimes you may encounter abnormalities in its speaker’s performance. These may include no sound from the speaker, no sound from the external speakers/headphones or HDMI device and other such glitches . There are different troubleshooting steps for individual speaker issues. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot your speaker problems. You would need to check the sound after each step. If you get it right, there is no need to follow the steps further.
Abnormal sound from the speaker:
- This may be an issue caused by outdated BIOS. You would need to update the BIOS to fix it.
- Download the latest BIOS file for that model from ASUS website. Ensure that the BIOS is compatible with the current model of PC.
- Download and install WinFlash Utility from ASUS download site. Ensure that the utility is compatible for the current version of operating system installed.
- Turn off all running programs and antivirus temporarily before you start the update. Security software like anti-virus may interfere in the update process and create instability.
- Start WInFlash, and proceed by clicking ‘OK’ on the introduction pop-up.
- Browse for the BIOS file you downloaded and open it.
- A confirmation box will appear with the message “BIOS file is correct. Click [Flash] to update the BIOS.”
- Click ‘Flash’ to start the update process. Check the update status in the progress bar.
- Press Exit when the update is complete. The PC will shut down automatically.
- Press the Power button to start your PC. Press ‘F2’ when the ASUS logo will appear. It means it is readying to go to BIOS.
- Press ‘F9’ to load defaults. Press ‘F10’ to Confirm and Exit. The system will restart with the new BIOS version.
- Restore the operating system to its Factory Settings.
No sound in the ASUS Eee PC’s speaker
- Check the system for mute or low volume settings. Turn the volume on and up to the desirable level of hearing.
- Check if any external speakers/headphones, HDMI cable, USB audio device has been connected. Disconnect and check the system volume.
- Check the sound card. Press ‘Win’ + ‘X’, and click on ‘Device Manager’. Double click the ‘Sound’, video and game controllers. If you see a sound card, you have it installed on your system. If not, download and install the audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Use the Microsoft Troubleshooter tool to fix the sound problem.
- Restore the operating system to Factory Settings to start it as a clean slate.
Internal speaker works fine, but external speakers/headphones has no sound
- Check if the external speaker/headphone is connected properly in the right audio jack.
No sound to HDMI device
- Connect your system with the HDMI device via HDMI cable.
- Press ‘Fn’ + ‘F8’ to switch the display to HDMI device.
- Open the sound window by right-clicking on the Speaker icon in the notification area and choose Playback Device.
- Right-click on the HDMI device and set it as the default device.
This should fix your HDMI speaker issue.
Depending on the reason, you should now be able to hear sound from your ASUS notebook. In case, you have any problems still, or any other issue related to the ASUS notebook, call iYogi technicians any time for instant help. The iYogi certified team of experts can help you resolve the error remotely via the Internet or call us for help.