How to delete or edit saved passwords in Google Chrome browser
Have you forgotten the password that you had saved in your Google Chrome browser for a website? Well, fret not; you are not the only one who falls prey to the issue of forgetting passwords. With so many passwords and security criteria in place, it is apparent for a computer user to forget passwords that he has saved for any random website. But this is not the only reason that might prompt a user to delete or edit saved passwords in Google Chrome browser. From mistyped passwords to syncing issues, the reasons to delete or edit your saved passwords could be many. However, unlike other browsers, managing passwords in Google Chrome is a speedy process, once you know the right tools and techniques.
So, let us take you through the step-by-step solution to delete or edit your saved passwords in Google Chrome browser
Delete or Edit the saved password
- Open your Google Chrome Browser.
- Go to the Chrome menu and select 'Settings.'
- Now scroll down and go to 'Show Advanced Settings.'
- Then in the Password and Forms section, click on 'Manage Saved Passwords.'
- This will show all your saved websites and passwords.
- Click the ‘x’ button to edit the password for the desired website. This will delete the existing password for that website.
- To create a new password for that website, open a new tab and type in your website address.
- The website will ask you to login using your username and password. Login with a new password.
- A popup bar will appear, asking you to save the password for the site.
- Click 'Save Password' to complete the process.
That's it. Now you can easily fix all your password typos or delete the ones you do not want to hang onto. However, if you are facing any issue while editing or deleting a password in your Google Chrome browser, give us a call. Our technicians have all the expertise and tenacity to fix all your technical issues at the comfort of your home. So, whenever you face a tech problem, remember expert tech help is just a call away!